Wednesday, October 2, 2013

WHO AM I?

The other day I was listening to a speaker and he posed the question, "WHAT IS A HUMAN BEING?"  He went on to share what some say is the answer.  Some say "we are nothing more than a pack of neurons and chemicals".  Others say, "I am the clothes I wear", "I am who I convey I am to others", or "I am what I own".  At some point in our lives mankind thinks about the answer to this question. When we are honest, everyone of us has an answer to that question. 

I have also asked myself the question over the years, "Who am I?  

I once believed that I was what I did, and who I made myself to be.  I was the type of clothes I chose to wear and the things I chose to possess.  I believed "If I did good, then I was good...if I did bad, then I was bad".  My whole belief system was wrapped around these thoughts.  So I lived my whole life under the belief that who I was... was all dependent upon me.  The only problem with that is that I kept failing at who I wanted to be.  I could never stay consistant at always following the template I had made for myself.  So my identity kept changing according to my belief system.  When I did good-I was a good person.  When I failed-I was a failure.  When my emotional wounds would get opened-then I was a victim.  When I hurt someone emotionally-I was terrible person, worthless...etc.  You get the picture.  After a while I didn't know who I was!  My identity was unstable.  It's a terrible way to live!  

How about you?  Can you relate?  Are you desperately trying to figure out who you are?

I have hope...there is an answer. Outside of these lies sits truth.  In my next post I will share the answer.

3 comments :

  1. what a beautiful site! Can't wait to read what God puts on your heart! Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete