Thursday, October 23, 2014

REFRESHMENT IN THE NEW

I am so thankful for a new life and a new name in Christ!  These are not just words, but a newness I have actually experienced!  Anyone who really knows me can tell you that I am definitely not the same person I used to be!

If you are reading this today and are not in the family of God through Christ's saving work on the cross, and through faith and belief that he is the only one who can save you from the wages of your sin, which is death eternal; my prayer is for God to do his redemptive work in your soul and give you a new name that I may see you someday in eternity. 

If you are in Christ, we continually need encouragement as God works in us and through us.  So, whether you are in Christ or not, I came across some words in my journal that God spoke to my heart in 2012 and I believe someone else may need to hear these words today.  Please apply them to yourself and your life.  I am going to share them and trust God to use them in whatever way he chooses, wherever you are at in life.

Here they are:

FREEDOM IS THE ANSWER TO EVERY ACHING SOUL.  LIVE LIFE TODAY IN THE FREEDOM YOU ALREADY POSSESS.  EVERY CHILD OF GOD POSSESSES FREEDOM IN CHRIST.  CHRIST HAS SET YOU FREE FROM THE POWER OF SIN AND DEATH THROUGH HIS WORK ON THE CROSS.  THAT'S WHERE YOU NEED TO START- HIS WORK ON THE CROSS.  FROM THERE YOU CAN MOVE TO HIS SANCTIFYING WORK IN YOUR HEART.

IT IS LIKE THIS...THE LORD LIVES AND BREATHES INSIDE YOUR BODY.  HE, IN HIS CHARACTER, CANNOT CONTINUE TO DWELL ALONG WITH THE FILTH, AND SIN, AND EVIL THAT STILL LIES WITHIN YOU.  SO HE BEGINS A SANCTIFICATION PROCESS OF CLEANING UP THE SPACE WHERE HE DWELLS.  HIS WORK IS NEVER DONE.  HE IS ALWAYS WORKING.  YOUR FREEDOM FROM AREAS HE'S CLEANED BRINGS HIM GLORY!

CHRIST CONTINUES TO BE YOUR HIGH PRIEST CONSTANTLY PRAYING FOR YOU AS HIS NAME IS NOW WRITTEN ON YOU.  HE IS AT WORK TO GIVE YOU YOUR NEW NAME.  THERE WILL BE NO MORE HANGING YOUR HEAD IN SHAME, BUT WALKING PROUDLY IN THE CONFIDENT ASSURANCE THAT YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD.  YOU ARE AN HEIR TO THE THRONE, ONE WHO CHRIST HAS REDEEMED BECAUSE YOU ARE LOVED, CHERISHED, PRECIOUS, THE APPLE OF HIS EYE, AND HE NOW LOOKS AT YOU THROUGH CHRIST HIS SON. 

THAT IS A PROMISE YOU CAN APPLY TO YOUR LIFE!

If you are reading this and want what you have just read, ASK GOD FOR IT!

In the love of Christ I write this to YOU.

No comments :

Post a Comment